At Barry Callebaut, we are on a journey to transform the cocoa and chocolate industry. As the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products, our actions truly shape the future of our industry. We are a business-to-business company, serving the entire food sector, from the cocoa bean to the finest chocolate product. We are a company with a purpose, we believe in doing well by doing good and reinvesting in the communities we operate. We have a long-standing commitment to sustainability and our goal is to shape a sustainable cocoa and chocolate future. We are headquartered in Zurich, and have more than 12,000 passionate Employees working in more than 40 countries worldwide. We are very proud of who we are and what we do. And of course, we are always looking for talented people to help us have a positive impact on our industry and beyond!
About the role:
It’s our goal to build a HSE culture in the Halle plant which is based on the EMEA and Global strategy. Our ambition ‘Triple 0’ ( so 0 accidents, 0 quality incidents and 0 delays) and the recent changes in the team lead us to look for a m/f/x:
HSE Manager – Halle Plant
Key responsibilities include:
- Building a HSE culture inside the Halle plant based on the EMEA and global strategy. Partnering with management team, local workers, unions and Plant Manager to reach a “0 accidents” culture throughout the plant
- Implementing and rolling out this system to develop a Safety Culture in the site supporting HR and Plant Managers improving HSE KPIs
- Proposing and communicating HSE policies, ensuring that the plant is are complying with European and local regulations in EHS, supporting local management
- Leading and giving guidelines to local HSE team and plant management
- Develop and emphasize behaviours, by improving safety empowerment and commitment on the shop floor and within the organization, as part of Continuous Improvement (CI), sharing safety leadership for creating additional value to the Company Performance, considering safety is the key for quality assets
- Promote engineering improvements in a “set from design” mindset for assets
- Develop training (with HR support) to help create a safety shared mindset within management and operating roles, creating Change Management into the total organization
- Support investigation and recommend actions for major EHS accidents
- Recommend action plans after audits
- Ensure that EHS accidents return on experience and best professional practices are shared inside the organization between sites and also inside transversal supports as well within other regions
- Manage internal and external relationships on behalf government requirements and internal policy compliance
- Work together with the operational sites and related departments to coordinate business resiliency/continuity planning to reduce impact on operations when disasters or any mission critical-impact event occurs (risk assessment skills)
- You have a Master Degree in Engineering and at least 10 years of experience in a similar role
- Next to that you are holder of a Safety and Health Degree level 1.
- A degree as Environmental Coordinator level A is an asset.
- You are a People Manager with excellent project management skills.
- You are fluent in French, English and Dutch.
At Barry Callebaut, we are committed to Diversity & Inclusion. United by our strong values, we thrive on the diversity of who we are, where we come from, what we’ve experienced and how we think. We are committed to nurturing an inclusive environment where people can truly be themselves, grow to their full potential and feel they belong. #oneBC – Diverse People, Sustainable Growth.