Recticel, in Wetteren, is an international industrial group specializing in the transformation of polyurethane into innovative products and solutions which contribute to our daily comfort. Recticel develops, produces and commercializes these solutions to offer an extensive range of value-adding industrial and domestic applications through four distinct business lines: Flexible Foams, Bedding, Insulation and Automotive.
Recticel is active in 29 countries and has a workforce of about 7.266 worldwide (excluding minority stakes in joint ventures) Its consolidated sales turnover reached EUR 1,44 billion in 2018. Recticel is listed on the EuronextTM stock exchange. To learn more visit: www.recticel.com.
For Recticel we are looking for a Health, Safety & Environment Manager (m/v), head of the Internal Service for Prevention & Protection at work at the Site Wetteren, High Tier SEVESO.
As HSE Manager at Recticel you build on your expertise to manage all aspects of Health, Safety & Environment for the Wetteren Plant ensuring our ambitious goals in these areas can be reached. You strive to build an even stronger safety culture in all departments on site.
For this position we are looking for a candidate that is passionate about health & safety, has a genuine interest in environmental issues and has an excellent knowledge of all legal requirements and standards in these fields.
- As Prevention Advisor and Head of the Internal Department for Prevention and Protection you support operational management on the Wetteren site to further improve, implement and monitor all aspects of the dynamic risk management system and legislation.
- You are responsible for the accurate reporting of all (near-) accidents and incidents, you ensure a thorough analysis is done and advise on improvement measures.
- You are responsible for detecting potential environmental issues, advising management on possible solutions and monitoring the implementation of the agreed actions.
- You regularly benchmark the HSE performance with other Recticel sites and external partners, using the results as input for further improvement actions.
- You liaise closely with the external Environmental Coordinator and the External Department for Prevention and Protection.
- You manage a team of 4 people.
- Master Degree, preferably in a Chemistry related discipline and Prevention Advisor level 1
- Experience of working at a high hazard site (Seveso) in a similar role is an advantage
- Extensive knowledge of HSE related legislation, certification and management systems
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Solid people manager
- Proactive mindset, taking the initiative, identifying opportunities, putting forward ideas & solutions
- Hands-on approach
- Fluent in Dutch and English (in speaking and in writing).
- A challenging and stable working environment in an international industrial group specialising in the transformation of polyurethane into innovative products.
- We offer specialized technical training and personal development opportunities.
- An attractive salary package incl. fringe benefits (ex. Company car, extra holidays, hospitalisation insurance, pension plan, bonus scheme, meal vouchers…).
- A pleasant, no-nonsense, people-oriented working atmosphere with employee initiatives and events. For Recticel safety is top priority.