Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies and conducts business worldwide. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth.
Chevron Belgium is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chevron Corporation and is responsible for the sales and marketing of Texaco Lubricants.
For Chevron we are looking for a HSE Specialist Ghent Blending Plant (GBP) – Prevention Advisor located in Ghent.
- work closely with in country / functional management, the HR department and the external prevention service on the definition and implementation of the welfare policy in the following areas: occupational safety and health, health promotion, fire prevention and the environment;
- take on an advisory role and you will inform management in the performance of duties related to safety and well-being. You also act as a point of contact regarding safety and well-being in the company;
- implement, promote and coordinate a corporate welfare policy with an emphasis on operational safety and health, psychosocial well-being and health promotion;
- acting as support to the CPBW secretary in preparing, attending and following up the Committee for Prevention and Protection at work;
HSE Specialist GBP
- act as the Operational Excellence health and safety (OE/HSE) specialist at GBP;
- provide technical safety expertise to field personnel, leaders, contractors and incident investigators; developing and sustaining procedures to implement safe work practices
- lead, coordinate and support OE/ HSE programs at facility level;
- monitor regulations and industry best practices
- conduct field verifications and review Managing Safe Work performance data for trends and actions for continuous improvement.
- act as the management representative during internal and external audits.
- Master’s degree in a technical direction and Prevention Management.
- Holding a level 2 certificate of prevention advisor and willingness to achieve a level 1 within the year after joining the company;
- 5 Years maximum experience as a HSE /Prevention advisor
- Experience in Environmental law is an added asset
- Have minimum three years’ experience as HSE specialist in an industrial environment
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English. Should be able to communicate with all levels of business unit employees, business partners and Enterprise OE/ HSE. Ability to simplify complicated information so that it is easily understood by a variety of audiences. Ability to deliver training.
- Teamwork – Demonstrated ability to anticipate, meet, and exceed customer needs. Ability to work in a team environment, add value quality to the team, and constructively influence team dynamics. Strong relationship builder (internal and external).
- Technical Skills – Demonstrated fluency implementing safety requirements and guiding field personnel to apply them. Ability to analyze complex data, draw conclusions, and make clear succinct recommendations.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and web-based applications.
- Extensive experience in the application, participation and oversight of Managing Safe Work including but not limited to work permits, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), safety reviews, risk management, HAZOPS, Contractor HSE Management, Stop work Authority etc., Strong working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Proven experience in incident/accident investigation techniques such as 5 why, Tap Root, etc.,
- Experience as secretary & advisor of the Committee for Prevention and Protection at work is an added value
Workplace Inclusion & Diversity
Chevron seeks to attract and develop the brightest minds to support, advance and enable best practices, innovation and evolving the energy landscape.
- Chevron is striving to be an employer of choice and leader for an inclusive and diverse workplace where we are actively supporting the promotion of equality for all employees at all levels
- Chevron is working to close any gender gap where it may exist; equal pay or enabling a representative and meritocratic progression to careers and reaching senior roles across the organisation
- Chevron is focused on growing a culture where people with disabilities can excel through support in role and long-term career opportunities including workplace adjustments.
- Chevron considers itself a learning and flexible employer and want to support everyone to bring their best self to every day