ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading inventory of resources, is one of the largest refiners and marketers of petroleum products, and its chemical company is one of the largest in the world.
To learn more, visit exxonmobil.com and the Energy Factor.
In Benelux ExxonMobil has two refineries, seven chemical plants, a research & development center, a lubricant blending plant and various offices including the EAME headquarter office in Brussels.
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Coordinator level A to join our ExxonMobil Environmental & Sustainability Department located at both the Antwerp and Meerhout Polymers Plants in Belgium.
You will be reporting to the Environmental & Sustainability Section Head and have a direct link to the Site Manager. Environmental support is provided by Onsite Consultants.
You will be appointed as the sites legal Environmental Coordinator as described in VLAREM for these 2 ‘Technical Entities’. In addition to this legal role, you will be involved in reporting environmental data and have a key role in the sites environmental management system. Additionally you will follow up on any environmental license changes.
- Contribute to development, execution, application and monitoring environmental friendly products and production methods
- Work towards compliance with environmental legislation
- Execute the responsibilities defined by VLAREM as environmental coordinator level A
- Propose and contribute to internal and external communications
- Provide Environmental advise on projects and investments
- Conduct periodic reports
- Support regional assessments by participation and implementation of recommendations
- Become a member in the ExxonMobil European Environmental Coordinators network
Expected Level of Proficiency
- Hold an MSc Engineering Science or Bioscience Engineering
- Hold a certificate as Environmental Coordinator Level A as described in article 184.108.40.206.2 of VLAREM II
- Willingness to further educate yourself
- Have relevant environmental engineering experience (5+ years as a guide), preferably in the downstream petrochemical industry.
- Language skills: Fluent in Dutch and English
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Well organized and able to manage multiple task simultaneously
- Proactive, with an ability to anticipate, identify and resolve potential issues
- Effective leadership skills, including influencing with no direct formal authority
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with people from various backgrounds in developing innovative solutions of highest general interest
- Broad career interests and international mindset
This awaits you...
A wide range of benefits including competitive pay, team mates who support and inspire you, the flexibility to explore multiple challenges and roles.
Your development never stops. A variety of job roles and access to cutting-edge training let you expand your potential throughout an entire career.
At ExxonMobil we have your back. We want you to enjoy a career with us. That’s why we provide the safest workplace we can, so you can work with focus and peace of mind.