Vandemoortele Izegem is one of the many production sites of Vandemoortele.
Vandemoortele is a leading European food group that manufactures and sells high-quality food products. It has two business lines; one in frozen bakery products and one in margarines, culinary oils and fats.
In Bakery Products, Vandemoortele offers throughout Europe a wide range of frozen bread products, pastry, sweet treats, patisserie and savoury products for professional users in the bakery and foodservice channels as well as for retailers, who appreciate the quality and convenience of Vandemoortele’s products.
In Margarines, Culinary Oils & Fats, Vandemoortele, located in Izegem, targets European professional users with a broad portfolio of products that combine processability, taste and flavour, as well as European retailers with private label margarines and frying fats. In addition, Vandemoortele has a number of strong consumer brands in the Benelux such as Vandemoortele®, Vitelma®, Diamant® and Gouda’s Glorie®. The Group is present in 12 European countries with 5,200 employees. The Vandemoortele headquarters are located in Ghent, Belgium.
For more information, please visit www.vandemoortele.com
For our client we are looking for a m/f/x:
HSE MANAGER – PA1
As Health, Safety and Environment Manager (HSE) you are responsible for the implementation of workplace safety programs across the Izegem site, aligned with group HSE procedures. You continuously develop a caring safety culture in line with the company vision of zero harm. In this role you report to the site manager and are part of the site management team.
Your key responsibilities and challenges are:
▪ You ensure that solid systems (aligned with Group and local HSE resources and procedures) are in place to manage occupational safety. You integrate safety processes, systems, and procedures into site specific operational routines, so that all activities are performed in a safe manner enabling a prevention and caring mindset amongst operational teams.
▪ You develop and implement effective trainings and communications that enable culture and competency development.
▪ You build solid relationships with department managers and other key stakeholders, aimed at successful collaboration and mutual support, in order to develop safety competencies and effective management at all operational areas.
▪ You serve as the internal prevention advisor in our CPBW.
▪ You investigate incidents and accidents and propose preventive and protective measures.
▪ You ensure all legislative requirements relating to workplace safety and environmental laws are compliant and followed.
▪ You lead projects concerning safety improvement (e.g. LOTO) or are a valued member in projects to ensure safety compliance.
▪ You participate in Group HSE initiatives to form and establish vision, strategy and local execution.
▪ You will lead and work together with the HSE Officer.
Are you the one we’re looking for?
▪ You combine a relevant master degree (preferably technical orientation) or equivalent by experience.
▪ You have a degree as Safety Advisor level 1.
▪ You have in-depth knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, psychology, physiology, and industrial health and safety laws combined with experience in HSE management in an industrial environment and have a track record in developing and implementing HSE management systems.
▪ You have experience in implementing and improving safety culture.
▪ You take initiative and have a personal drive for change and improvement. With your enthusiasm and strong communication skills you succeed to motivate others.
▪ You show strong shopfloor presence and availability.
▪ You are familiar with working with unions.
▪ You are able to work transversely with all teams.
▪ You are used working with third parties to support you in executing.
▪ You possess good analytical skills and are problem-solving oriented.
▪ You are a hands-on manager who leads by example and act conform our company values respect, cooperation and ambition.
▪ You are used to applying continuous improvement and lean management methodologies.
▪ Experience with ammonia installations is an extra asset.
▪ You are fluent in Dutch and English.
▪ You will be working at our location in Izegem. You are willing to travel occasionally to other sites to share knowledge.
What’s in it for you?
– You will join our big little family: Our associates are the beating heart of our company – they bring the flavour to our organisation. We cherish each member, prioritising their well-being and supporting their professional journey.
– We value you as a person: At Vandemoortele we value each one of our associates and recognise their unique contributions to team successes. We place great importance in giving our associates the freedom to shape their own professional journey. You will have flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home 50% of the time. We also invite you to join our sports and wellbeing activities!
– We care about your future and we support your professional journey: We believe in the power of our associates and support their career aspirations by offering internal mobility and promotional opportunities. We encourage our associates to create a successful professional journey and entrust them to take ownership.
– We make products for you to love: We are a team of passionate food enthusiasts. In our mission to shape a tasty future we strive to create a wide range of food solutions that connects people, cultures and traditions. You can kickstart your day with a delicious croissant fresh out of the oven and enjoy tasty food in our company restaurant. In our cosy coffee corners, you will find healthy fruit baskets to enjoy your break to the fullest.
– Easy to reach: Our HQ is located close to a bus stop and highway exits. Want to come by bike? Lease a bike at Vandemoortele!