Who are we?
ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading inventory of resources, is one of the largest refiners and marketers of petroleum products, and its chemical company is one of the largest in the world. To learn more, visit exxonmobil.com.
In Belgium ExxonMobil owns one refinery (in Antwerp), two chemical plants (in Zwijndrecht and Meerhout), a research & development center and the EAME headquarter office in Machelen.
For our client ExxonMobil we are searching for an m/v/x:
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH PHYSICIAN for the REFINERY in Antwerp (Polderdijkweg 3, 2030 Antwerpen)
What will you do?
The Occupational health physician works for the Department of Occupational Health Surveillance, integrated in the Communal Internal Service for Prevention and Protection at Work.
- You advise Site Management and the CPBW on the organization of the Occupational Health surveillance programs.
- You perform all legally required fitness for work examinations.
- You investigate interactions between health and work and advise individual employees on health issues in relation to work, and work environment.
- You help organize and deliver first aid and emergency medical care.
- You closely work with the Prevention Advisors for Safety and with Industrial Hygienists for Risk Inventory and Assessment; and provide advice on how to mitigate and control these risks.
- You participate in meetings and activities of the CPBW.
- You play an active role in the administration and execution of the Occupational Health chapter of the ExxonMobil Operation Integrity Management System (OIMS).
- You provide advice to Employees and Management on Company Policy related occupational health issues, health programs and health promotion.
- You advise employees on travel health for business travel and expat assignments, provide vaccinations and complete the clearance process.
- You advise Plant Management on Injury and Illness classification.
- You collaborate with MOH colleagues in international work groups and task forces.
- You represent ExxonMobil in external professional associations and specialized work groups.
Your primary work location will be the Antwerp Refinery where you will be the responsible prevention advisor /occupational health physician. You are also involved in a supportive role in the services provided to the other Belgian sites.
You are part of a dynamic MOH Belgium team of two Occupational Physicians, five Nurses, an Administrative assistant and four Industrial Hygienists, embedded in a global functional MOH staff department. You report to the Belgian MOH manager (who is also head of the Department for Occupational Health surveillance). You have direct access to site management and the work environment.
- You graduated as a Master of Occupational Health (specialist Arbeidsarts) and have several years of experience.
- Licensed to practice medicine in Belgium and are registered with the “Orde der Artsen”.
- Driving license.
- You have (some) experience in general medicine and traumatology to deliver first aid.
- Your professional knowledge (occupational medicine and legislation (Codex)) is up to date and you are prepared to maintain this via participation in (internal and external) trainings and seminars.
- You are a team player, a strong communicator, self-motivated and committed to high professional service delivery standards.
- You have affinity for toxicology, ergonomics and psychosocial aspects at work.
We offer a wide range of benefits including competitive pay, teammates who support and inspire you, the flexibility to explore multiple challenges and roles. Your development never stops. A variety of job roles and access to cutting-edge training let you expand your potential throughout an entire career. At ExxonMobil we have your back. We want you to enjoy a career with us. That’s why we provide the safest workplace we can, so you can work with focus and peace of mind.