ExxonMobil Corporation is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, best known in the Benelux for its Esso and Mobil brands.
With activities in nearly all countries around the world, ExxonMobil prides itself on its commitment to meeting the world’s growing demand for energy in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner.
The company strives towards operational excellence with an expert talented and diverse workforce, strong financial resources and cutting edge technology. Our customers are both global and local ranging from major oil & trading companies to the thousands of customers a day who visit our Benelux service stations.
Job Role Summary
Prevention advisor/Company physician, Medicine & Occupational Health for the Department of Occupational Health Surveillance, integrated in Communal Internal Service for Prevention and Protection at Work.
- You advise Site Management and the CPBW on the organization of the Occupational Health surveillance programs.
- You perform all legally required fitness for work examinations.
- You investigate interactions between health and work and advise individual employees on health issues in relation to work, and work environment.
- You help organize and deliver first aid and emergency medical care.
- You closely work with the Prevention Advisors for Safety and with Industrial Hygienists for Risk Inventory and Assessment, and provide advice on how to mitigate and control these risks.
- You participate in meetings and activities of the CPBW.
- You play an active role in the administration and execution of the Occupational Health chapter of the ExxonMobil Operation Integrity Management System (OIMS).
- You provide advice to Employees and Management on Company Policy related occupational health issues, health programs and health promotion.
- You advise employees on travel health for business travel and expat assignments, provide vaccinations and complete the clearance process.
- You advise Plant Management on Injury and Illness classification.
- You collaborate with MOH colleagues in international work groups and task forces.
- You represent ExxonMobil in external professional associations and specialized work groups.
Your primary work location will be our Antwerp Sites.
You are part a dynamic MOH Belgium team of Occupational Physicians, Nurses, Administrative personnel and Industrial Hygienists, embedded in a global functional MOH staff department.
You report to the Belgian MOH manager (who is also head of the Department for Occupational Health surveillance).
You have direct access to site management and the work environment.
- You are graduated as Master of Occupational Health (specialist arbeidsgeneeskunde).
- You are licensed to practice medicine in Belgium and registered with the “Orde der Artsen”.
- You have a driver’s license.
- You have (some) experience in general medicine and traumatology to deliver first aid.
- Your professional knowledge (occupational medicine and legislation (Codex)) is up to date and you are prepared to maintain this via participation in (internal and external) trainings and seminars.
- You are a team player, a strong communicator, self-motivated and committed to high professional service delivery standards.
- You have affinity for toxicology, ergonomics and psychosocial aspects at work.
This awaits you
A wide range of benefits including competitive pay, team mates who support and inspire you, the flexibility to explore multiple challenges and roles. Your development never stops.
A variety of job roles and access to cutting-edge training let you expand your potential throughout an entire career.
At ExxonMobil we have your back. We want you to enjoy a career with us. That’s why we provide the safest workplace we can, so you can work with focus and peace of mind.