Aperam is a global player in stainless, electrical and specialty steel, with customers in over 40 countries. The business is organised in three primary operating segments: Stainless & Electrical Steel, Services & Solutions and Alloys & Specialties.
Aperam has a flat Stainless and Electrical steel capacity of 2.5 million tonnes in Brazil and Europe and is a leader in high value specialty products. In addition to its industrial network, spread over six production facilities in Brazil, Belgium and France, Aperam has a highly integrated distribution, processing and services network and a unique capability to produce stainless and special steels from low cost biomass (charcoal made from its own FSC-certified forestry). Not only is Aperam a global player in the stainless, electrical and specialty steel markets, we’re also a global leader in environmental sustainability.
For Aperam, Cold Rolling Mill located in Genk we are looking for a m/f:
Responsible Health & Safety Support
Cold Rolling Mill
As Responsible Health & Safety Support Cold Rolling Mill, your mission will be:
- To ensure a transparent and objective status of the H&S performance of cold rolling mill (1e and 2e centre)
- Assisting in the roll out of Aperam H&S standards (global or site level) to CRM plant taking into account a coherent approach on site level (similarity between 1eC/2eC/steel plant)
- To be empowered to improve the safety results in a pro-active way
- Strive to a constantly better performance
- To ensure adequate functional H&S support to the cold rolling mill by means of promoting, coordinating, facilitating, and implementing H&S requirements, standards and strategy
- To ensure local needs for legal obligations and safety material
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead and coach local CRM H&S resources in function of the needs (maintenance, near misses, …).
- Ensure coherent approach in risk analysis
- Define safety training needs and support in development of content
- To develop the organisation of HSSE activities (Safety day, machine safety, and projects (LoToTo, Rimses Safety), …)
- To support the follow-up and solution of near misses
- Ensure efficient use of H&S resources and avoiding duplication of effort.
- Lead the local safety committee, reporting on the main safety indicator
- Define and follow-up action plans to improve on pro-active safety KPI’s
- Facilitate, track, monitor and improve the deployment of H&S strategic objectives and H&S expectations framework and track and monitor the level of compliance
- Manage a budget for high risk zone reduction
- Part of the EVA commité site Genk
- High presence during annual maintenance periods
- Reporting to the Plant Manager Cold Rolling Plant Stainless Europe
- Master Degree or equivalent through experience
- 5 -10 year in H&S or operational role in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of machine safety or willing to learn it
- Robust knowledge of key concepts of H&S management.
- Understand that H&S is a core company value
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Team player, networking skills and the ability to manage a small team using own initiative
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise one’s own workload.
- Knowledge of the Aperam HSSE programs and standards
- Exemplarity, leading by example
- Speaking fluently Dutch and English, other languages can be an asset.
At Aperam, safety is a way of life – one that comes before everything we do. We promote a working environment that is healthy and environmentally safe. We consistently encourage responsible behaviour towards our environment, with the collective goal of contributing to the development of a sustainable industry. And off course we offer an attractive remuneration package with company car and fringe benefits.