Aperam is a global player in stainless, electrical and specialty steel, with customers in over 40 countries. The business is organised in three primary operating segments: Stainless & Electrical Steel, Services & Solutions and Alloys & Specialties.
Aperam has a flat Stainless and Electrical steel capacity of 2.5 million tonnes in Brazil and Europe and is a leader in high value specialty products. In addition to its industrial network, spread over six production facilities in Brazil, Belgium and France, Aperam has a highly integrated distribution, processing and services network and a unique capability to produce stainless and special steels from low cost biomass (charcoal made from its own FSC-certified forestry). Not only is Aperam a global player in the stainless, electrical and specialty steel markets, we’re also a global leader in environmental sustainability.
For Aperam located in Genk we are looking for a m/f:
SAFETY ENGINEER LEVEL I
As Safety Engineer, your mission will be:
- To have a good global technical knowledge of the industrial processes on site
- To assist in the continuous journey to bring the overall safety standard to a higher level
- To assist in SEVESO emergency preparedness
- To assist in the roll out of Aperam H&S standards taking into account the practical implementation at shop floor level
- To gather knowledge in machinery safety standards to play an active role in the management of change procedure
- To grow in personal safety maturity
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Working on files and checklists on SEVESO, determining gaps and defining action plans to ensure compliance to these legislation
- Together with the central H&S team and the HSE support teams, to implement the Aperam H&S standards on the shop floor
- To ensure legal compliance, detect potential gaps and work out and implement action plans (e.g. adaptation of working procedures, extra trainings, …)
- Be part of the central H&S team to roll out specific projects (eg incident analysis, training content, …)
- Supporting project teams with technical safety advice in MOC procedures throughout the whole process from planning till commissioning
- Reporting to the Head HSSE & Central Lab – Stainless Europe
- Master Degree in engineering
- Young and dynamic person, willing to learn
- Level 1 safety certificate (or willing to start a level 1 safety training)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Team player with strong networking skills
- Exemplarity, leading by example
- Speaking fluently Dutch and English, other languages can be an asset.
At Aperam, safety is a way of life – one that comes before everything we do. We promote a working environment that is healthy and environmentally safe. We consistently encourage responsible behaviour towards our environment, with the collective goal of contributing to the development of a sustainable industry. And off course we offer an attractive remuneration package and fringe benefits.