Prothya Biosolutions Belgium (formerly Plasma Industries) was established in 1957 as part of the Belgian Red Cross. They developed into a fully commercial entity in 2016, providing solutions for the separation of blood plasma into proteins that improve the quality of life. Stable plasma derivatives such as clotting factors, immunoglobulins and albumin solutions are produced with the fractions isolated by Plasma Industries.
At Prothya, they believe the best medicines are already in your body. The human plasma proteome holds the promise of a revolution in disease diagnosis and therapeutic treatment. They will continue to play a leading role in discovering how the abundance and structure of proteins can change the way they treat human diseases. Prothya Biosolutions processes around 3 million liters of plasma each year for several international partners. This change in focus entailed a change in corporate culture.
The company has several office and production locations in Belgium and the Netherlands and together about 1000 employees work there.
B\\DK is looking for Prothya Biosolutions Belgium for a m/f/x:
Senior EHS Coordinator
Safety Advisor level 2
Main responsibilities and result areas:
As Senior EHS Coordinator, you help implement the company policy by monitoring and/or performing activities relating to health, safety and the environment. You take part in different projects concerning the development of safety awareness and you carry out specific departmental tasks. You report to the Manager EHS.
Main responsibilities and result areas:
- You help monitor and/or perform activities relating to health, safety and the environment at Prothya Biosolutions:
- You conduct risk analyses in order to guarantee a safe working environment in accordance with EHS procedures and the applicable legislation.
- You monitor the effective implementation of appropriate HSE procedures and ensure these are updated in line with new legislation and company standards
- You ensure efficient management of incidents, including investigations into incidents/accidents, identifying root causes, implementing prevention plans, follow-up and reports.
- You are familiar with environmental law and its applicable development regulations and maintain contact with the authorities, while meeting the deadlines for the different requirements.
- You manage the environmental management system.
- You represent the EHS Manager as a back-up, according to needs and the criteria defined by the Manager.
- You take part in different projects concerning health, safety and the environment, and raise awareness of these matters: – You identify potential points for improvement and suggest improvements to different departments (Operations, Quality Control, Maintenance, PRD and Engineering);
- You carry out the daily, weekly, monthly and annual safety walks and conduct internal audits to comply with local regulations.
- You inform and train colleagues and are the contact person when it comes to procedures and prevention measures.
- You attend the onboarding session for new colleagues for the safety part;
- You perform administrative tasks specific to the department: – You attend different meetings concerning health, safety and the environment ;
- You take part in writing documents relating to safety (procedures, work instructions, evacuation plans, communication material, etc.) and you organise their implementation.
- You prepare orders and follow them up;
- You are responsible for keeping documents up to date and managing the documentation.
- The ideal candidate has a Master Engineering of a scientific nature (or equivalent) and 3 years’ experience in a company in the industrial sector (manufacturer).
- You hold a prevention adviser certificate level 2.
- Ideally, you also have environmental training.
- You work efficiently with the tool MS Office;
- You have a good command of French, Dutch and English (both written and spoken);
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills (Assertiveness);
- You are good at absorbing information and applying it accurately;
- You are sociable, analytical, flexible, thorough/structured, organised, proactive, independent, a good teacher and enthusiastic.
- You are able to conceptualise a process as well as implement it.
Prothya Biosolutions BE is part of an international biopharmaceutical group that offers great long-term career prospects and actively invests in on-the-job training.
At Prothya Biosolutions BE you will receive a competitive salary, group and hospitalization insurance, and meal and eco vouchers. You can also use the Flex Reward Plan. This flexible remuneration system gives you the opportunity to build up a budget via your personal salary package. You can freely choose from a number of benefits that Prothya Biosolutions BE offers once a year.
In addition, we have set up an interesting holiday scheme with more holidays than the legal minimum.
We attach great importance to mutual respect and diversity is our strength. For everyone at Prothya Biosolutions BE from operator to CEO, engagement means taking the initiative yourself. We expect every colleague to commit to the annual goals that lead our company to new challenges and success.