SC Johnson, a family company for the last 130 years, is one of the world’s leading makers of household brands. The company has operations in more than 70 countries and sells products in virtually every country around the world. We employ approximately 13,000 people globally and generate $10 billion in sales. SCJ’s product portfolio includes global brands such as Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Windex®, Scrubbing Bubbles®, Glade®, Raid®, OFF!®, Baygon® and Ziploc®.
At the same time, we’ve established a generations-long legacy of environmental responsibility, community leadership and providing great places to work. We do this because we want to do what’s right for our business today, and also what’s right for people and the planet tomorrow.
Reporting to Site Director, you will be a part of our Management Team and therewith you will bear the responsibility for the common goals of our Management Team. In this role, you will very closely collaborate with our Regional SHE team by bridging knowledge and aligning activities where possible.
We are looking for the seasoned professional in the areas of expertise Working Conditions, External Safety and Environment, someone familiar with SEVESO (BRZO) requirements and associated requirements with regards to explosion safety (ATEX), the Printing Products Decree, the PGS standards, NFPA Standards and their implementation in licensing regulations as well as the understanding of the associated operational/technical consequences.
For SC Johnson we are currently looking for a m/f/x:
based in the production plant in Mijdrecht, Netherlands
Working in this position, you will have to align on the SC Johnson corporate SHE standards, whilst ensuring alignment to European and local SHE standards. We are looking for someone with own and clear vision on how to use the expertise both tactically and operationally within our operational organization. To be successful in the role, you need to understand the dynamics of a production environment, where the importance of quality and safety is indispensable for the success of our company.
From strategic SHE agenda, you will be managing a translation of projects, policies and activities that you implement together with an experienced team of professionals.
- Being an ambassador and point of contact for our entire site, also by distributing your SHE agenda among the employees in your department.
- Being Site Prevention Officer and point of contact for our Workers’ Council and the Working Conditions Committee (ARBO).
- Leading various projects in the field of safety, environment and working conditions.
- Making our organization compliant to all relevant legislation and regulations and ISO 9001/14001 certifications.
- Adequately performing Company Emergency Organization and participating in our Energy Management Team on topics regarding sustainability.
- You guarantee the operation and accessibility of our SHE system.
- Translating the worldwide SCJ SHE standards into practical solutions in the workplace.
- Actively contributing to our membership of the Central Netherlands Safety Masterclass (Safety First).
- Making sure SHE policies are up-to-date and available for users.
Required skills and experience
To be successful in the position, it is important that you have gained solid work experience in a management position within a production environment (preferably within a FMCG or Chemical environment). You need to be an expert in the fields of Safety, Health & Environment. We are looking for an authentic personality, a leader who takes ownership of his work and team and remains in dialogue with internal customers and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree from an academic university in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience working within a multinational: dealing with different interests and priorities, without losing sight of the ultimate SHE objectives.
- Experience with the SEVESO (BRZO) legislation is a must.
- Strong knowledge of SHE legislation and regulations such as the ISO management system requirements, and knowledge.
- Experience with operational (manufacturing) processes and ability to identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to manage and deploy SHE management systems.
- Creating buy-in for your plans, both locally and within our international SHE agenda.
- Well-organized and equipped individual to be able report on your activities to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills that permit the clear and concise transfer of information to stakeholders.
- Fluent Dutch and English speaker.
- You need to be eligible to work in the country of application.
We offer an attractive annual salary (including 13th month installment and holiday allowance), entitlement for a lease car arrangement (10% of travel is expected), participation in the SC Johnson bonus plan, participation in our pension plan where a 4% employee contribution applies, utilization of 26 days of annual leave days and participation in our cafeteria system, enabling you to buy additional leave. Opportunity to benefit from our health insurance package with VGZ.