Are you interested in working in an international project environment within a company with high focus on green energy? Your talent is needed to strengthen the Safety in Design processes.
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
For our client Yara International we are looking for a new colleague in the HES team m/f:
Senior HES Engineer
Willingness to travel in an international environment (25%)
- Be fully aware of the Yara and Project HES requirements, ensuring that all Company requirement, standard and guideline are followed and implemented.
- Ensure that HES is considered as first priority.
- Monitor the update of regulation, laws and standard that may have an impact on the day to day activities.
- Support Project Manager and the Project Teams by reviewing and completing Project HES in design plans and deliverables.
- Coordinate/interact with Yara Site HES organization and HES rules
- Lead and/or execute safety studies (HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, QRA, Environmental assessment, Fire Risk assessment, Hazardous Area Classification …)
- Ensure the outcome of HES studies are incorporated in the Design.
- Coach and support project teams in Heath, Environment and Safety activities in the study and design phase of all project also support operations when needed.
- Conduct HES in design training for the Project Team and the Project Office
- Actively participate in project risk assessment sessions with focus on design, constructability and construction activities.
- Prepare HES technical specification packages and support other discipline in the preparation of it when it comes to HES topic for ITB (Instructions to Bidders).
- Participate in qualifying and audit engineering/construction contractors
- Review and follow up HES issues and interfaces external to the project
- Coordinate input and deliverables among Yara site, project team and 3rd parties when it comes to project permitting: Environmental permit, Safety permit, Construction permit and others.
- Education in an engineering discipline with a good understanding of chemical and thermo-dynamical processes, background as process engineer is a plus.
- Experience with Health, Environment and Safety matters
- Good knowledge of process safety and safety in design for production plants
- Experience in leading of process safety studies (HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, …) is mandatory
- Possess a good understanding of the ALARP principle and experience in the demonstration of ALARP is required.
- Experience with consequence modelling software is an asset
- Relevant detailed design experience including the design and specification of life saving and firefighting equipment and systems is required.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of International standards and practices applicable to all safety critical elements.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in engineering and construction of process plants
- Excellent understanding of Health, Environmental and Safety legislation along with its relevance in the chemical process industry
- Hands-on approach and result oriented
- Field experience is an asset
- Willingness to travel in an international environment (25%)
- Good communication/persuasions skills
Knowledge grows through differences:
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.