Yara Sluiskil is a production site of the Norwegian company Yara International, which has offices in 60 countries worldwide, sells its products in more than 150 countries and has almost 16,000 employees.
The largest ammonia and nitrate fertilizer factories of Yara and in Europe are located in Sluiskil. In recent years, the production of ammonia and its derivatives such as nitrate, urea and Air 1® has increased significantly. The site in Sluiskil produces 1.8 million tons of ammonia per year, the vast majority of which is locally valorized into a wide range of end products. The factories in Sluiskil are among the most efficient and reliable in the world; 600 permanent employees work there.
For Yara’s Excellence Analytical Quality Laboratory we are looking for a m/f/x:
LEAD OF QUALITY
(with 30 team engineers- & -analysts)
You will report to the HESQ Manager and be located in the HESQ Department.
Roles and responsibilities
- As lead of quality you are a People Manager, who’s responsible for some engineers and a team of analysts who work in daytime or shifts. Togheter with your team your are responsible for achieving the Quality KPI’s;
- Responsible for the coaching and daily feedback of your team members, to challenge and develop your team and to assure that results are provided on a efficient way;
- Provision of specialist expertise in all areas of Product Quality, Product Regulation and Product Safety;
- Optimalisation of the current workprocesses and provide guidance of the team in developing of new analytical techniques;
- Have knowledge of analytical techniques and current developments;
- Develop, support and monitor the sites Quality Management System;
- Have knowledge of the applicable regulations on Product Quality and Safety;
- Provide coaching to the plants on identification and resolution of Quality issues;
- Coordinate projects to improve the product Quality and Safety;
- Develop together with your team trainings in Product Quality, Safety and Regulation;
- Participate in the Yara internal and external audit program;
- Representative for Yara Sluiskil in internal and external meetings.
- This position requires a Master of Science degree, ideally within Chemical Engineering;
- At least 5 years experience in the chemical industry, preferably in a analytical laboratory;
- Great People Management skills:
- Experience in coaching, motivating, challenging and developing people;
- Excellent communication and networking/influencing skills;
- Your mother tongue is Dutch and you are fluent in English, both verbal and written;
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills, with an open mind and high motivation.
A full-time job at an international company, where the opportunity is offered to grow within the company. You will also receive excellent secondary employment conditions & Company Car.
An external assessment is part of the application procedure.