Agrifirm Belgium is part of the Royal Agrifirm Group and supplies quality animal feed and many other products and services to entrepreneurs in the livestock sector. Whether it concerns cattle, pigs or poultry, the return of our customers is always central. We are constantly working on new ranges that are even more tailored to the specific needs of our customers.
Our employees are close to daily practice. The field service works regionally and knows what is going on at each customer’s company. Our production locations are located in Drongen, Deinze, Grobbendonk and Roeselare, strategic locations from which we can supply and support the Belgian market quickly and efficiently. The Belgian Headquarter is in Drongen and is a SEVESO Upper-Tier site.
The Royal Agrifirm Group has presently about 3000 employees. It generates an annual turnover in excess of € 2 billion, has an international network of subsidiaries in 16 countries within Europe, North and South America and Asia and supplies products to more than 80 countries through its worldwide distribution network.
To support our sustainable and strong growth we are looking for Agrifirm Belgium for a m/f/x:
Health & Safety Advisor Belgium
– with growth potential –
Tasks & Responsibilities:
As HSE Advisor Belgium you roll out and implement our global health, safety and environment regulations in Belgium and assure that the Belgian ‘Factory of the Future’ site applies to all legal HSE requirements.
Next to that, you will support international Health & Safety projects together with the HSE EMEA team.
You have an active role in building a safe culture within the company.
As HSE Advisor Belgium your responsibilities are:
- You implement procedures and processes regarding protection and prevention at work. You reassure that they are followed within the organisation.
- You proactively detect possible hazards and risks at work, you analyse & evaluate these to and you propose possible safety measures. You do this by continuously controlling our factory, collect possible risks and near misses, work out workstation sheets, etc. A regular presence in the factory is necessary.
- By collecting possible risks and near misses or work accidents, you will also track down possible causes together with your colleague. This information will be the basis for the further development of our wellbeing policy, safety regulations and risk management.
- You will keep an eye on the compliance of the employees to the applicable procedures at work and will foresee the necessary external training for employees across departments. You will organise internal safety training and toolboxes as well. You are the billboard of our safety culture.
- After work related incidents or accidents, you investigate the cause and start looking for a long-term solution in collaboration with the different departments involved.
- You promote an environmentally responsible sustainability policy and take initiatives to maintain, communicate and further develop it in an attractive way.
- You oversee compliance with (Seveso High Tier) relevant legislation, permits and internal rules and standards
- Next to these tasks, you will support the HSE Manager EMEA with similar HSE projects and administration on an international level.
- You are expected to continuously keep yourself up to date on HSE regulations and evolutions in the domain of prevention at work.
- You have a first working experience in a similar function.
- You obtained your Master’s degree as Engineer, or your Bachelor’s degree in a technical direction.
- Next to that, you have a strong interest in technicality.
- You are a fast learner and are highly motivated: you like to get to work and take initiative.
- You have a degree as Prevention Advisor level 2.
- A degree of environmental coordinator A or B is a plus, or are prepared to achieve this soon.
Royal Agrifirm Group offers an exciting job with responsibilities and challenges in a dynamic and multicultural company. You can count on a competitive and attractive salary with company car & non-statutory benefits.