Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a EHS manager, who will drive employee development at our pharma & cosmetics facility in Wevelgem to deliver an ambitious road map on projects including high priority and ongoing enhancements outlined below.
The EHS manager will report to the Site Director in Wevelgem.
- As a EHS Manager, you support site EHS & department objectives through management consulting, training & development, inspections, audits and investigations, ergonomic reviews, environmental regulatory evaluations and committee assignments related to environment, health and safety.
- Collaborate with department managers & supervisors to create learning paths for new hires or internal promotions, to expedite time to full & safe productivity.
- Conduct new hire orientation and training for both line production workers and office staff.
- Conduct post-training follow up with the team members and their supervisors to ensure that integration and wanted job skills have been achieved.
- Conduct and/or provide training reference material for safety related training’s (fire safety, machinery safety, hazard communication, respirator protection, lock-out/tag-out, electrical and general safety, etc.) for new-hire orientation, department safety meetings and ongoing training requirements.
- Respond to and investigate accidents which include completion of reports and follow-up as needed, inclusive of interviewing employee and Supervisor and documenting results and provide corrective action recommendations.
- Draft EHS related procedures and policies. Review draft procedures and implement various safety instructions as needed.
- As the Employee Safety Committee chairperson: coordinate monthly meetings for the Employee Safety Committee to promote a safety culture throughout the facility. Attends Management Safety Committee on employee Safety Committee’s behalf.
- Supports environmental programs, including evaluation of regulations, writing guidance documents for internal resources and auditing system components for compliance, and, when required. Works cooperatively with all areas of the organization to ensure adequate training and compliance with the program.
- Facilitates compliance program for various EHS related permits including monitoring, records keeping and reporting to local authorities. Provides support during any EHS related audits by external organizations.
- Conducts EHS inspections/audits to identify and evaluate hazards and prevent incidents, coordinates documentation activities and follow up. Provides EHS expertise to client areas by advising of potential safety hazards and environmental requirements and correcting any deficiencies. Interfaces with management from all areas (such as Manufacturing, Laboratories, Warehouse, Engineering, etc.) to communicate hazards and recommendations of solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, safety, industrial hygiene or related field, with previous experience in pharmaceutical operations highly preferred.
- Prevention advisor level 2
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing learning programs for all employees, including a focus on developing new managers / supervisors in a plant environment.
- Superior organizational and facilitation skills to deliver a variety of training programs and coordinate meetings.
- Knowledge of EHS management systems, hazardous waste and transportation regulations, and local, state and federal related compliance requirements.
- Safety experience dealing with OSHA regulations, especially ergonomics
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate teams, drive change and communicate with all employees
- Knowledge of compliance requirements and best practices, the ability to influence, and effective presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Three to five years’ experience in safety, environmental engineering and/or industrial hygiene.
- Working knowledge of product reliability, blueprint reading, toxic and reactive chemistry, and hazard communication.
- Fluent Dutch, French & English, both in speaking, reading & writing.
Must have advanced computer & software skills. (PowerPoint, MS Office, SharePoint, …)
We believe a great company results from great people. We want employees who will challenge us to be innovators in the consumer self-care market. Here’s what we offer in return:
- A motivating and supportive environment
- A workplace that values your time and contributions
- Openings in nearly every field and around globe
- Competitive total rewards
- A commitment to ethics and environmental stewardship