ExxonMobil, one of the largest publicly traded international energy companies, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading inventory of resources, is one of the largest refiners and marketers of petroleum products, and its chemical company is one of the largest in the world. To learn more, visit exxonmobil.com and the Energy Factor. In Benelux ExxonMobil has two refineries, seven chemical plants, a research & development center, a lubricant blending plant and various offices including the EAME headquarter office in Brussels.
We are currently recruiting a Head of the Internal Health & Safety Service to join our ExxonMobil Manufacturing Polymers Plant in Meerhout, Belgium.
Directly reporting to the Safety Section Head for Antwerp and Meerhout Polymers Plants with a direct link to the Site Manager
HEAD OF THE INTERNAL HEALTH & SAFETY SERVICE
SITE MEERHOUT (Seveso HD)
Prevention Advisor level I
- Fulfilling legal tasks of an internal Prevention Advisor as defined in CODEX (eg. Advising Hierarchy, Risk analysis, Administration, CPBW, Reporting,)
- Coordinating the MPP Safety Departement (Safety Coordinators/Safety Technicians)
- Member of the Gemeenschappelijke Interne Dienst (together with other Prevention Advisors Level 1 of other ExxonMobil locations)
- Close interaction/collaboration with the internal Prevention Advisor level I from the Antwerp Polymers Plant.
- Being passionate about Safety and Prevention of incidents at our site.
- Building a pro-active safety culture
- participating in safety risk assessments, mainly focusing on Personal and Process Safety.
- facilitating and participating in different safety committees
- monitoring applicable legislation in the area of safety and wellbeing
- provide safety trainings to all layers of the company site
- execution + facilitating investigation and analysis of (near) incidents and accidents
- Administrator for the incident investigation management system for both Antwerp and Meerhout chemical plants
- member in the ExxonMobil network for incident analysis
- Procedures: owner of different Safety and emergency Procedures – ensuring field effectiveness in collaboration with members of business team
- participating in Safety Audits at MPP and sporadic at other EM sites
Expected Level of Proficiency
- Hold an master in (bio) engineering or industrial-/bio-science (or equivalent by experience in petro chemical manufacturing)
- Hold a certificate as Prevention Advisor level I
- Good interpersonal/communication skills to be able having qualitative interaction at all levels
- location Meerhout, with occasional business trips to Antwerp (Zwijndrecht) plant
- Willingness to further educate yourself
- Have relevant Prevention Advisor level I experience (5+ years as a guide), preferably in the downstream petrochemical industry.
- Language skills: Fluent in Dutch and English
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills (verbal & written)
- Well organized and able to manage multiple task simultaneously
- Proactive, with an ability to anticipate, identify and resolve potential issues
- Effective leadership skills, including influencing with no direct formal authority
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with people from various backgrounds in developing innovative solutions of highest general interest
- Broad career interests and international mindset
This awaits you
- A wide range of benefits including competitive pay, team mates who support and inspire you, the flexibility to explore multiple challenges and roles. Your development never stops.
- A variety of job roles and access to cutting-edge training let you expand your potential throughout an entire career.
- At ExxonMobil we have your back. We want you to enjoy a career with us. That’s why we provide the safest workplace we can, so you can work with focus and peace of mind.