VANDEMOORTELE is a leading European food group that produces and sells high-quality food products. We focus on innovation and prioritize sustainability by committing to three goals: balanced nutrition, protecting nature and enhancing lives.
Vandemoortele has two divisions: one for frozen bakery products and one for plant-based food solutions. We continue to grow and develop: The Vandemoortele Group is now present in 12 European countries with ca 4600 employees, achieving revenues of ca €1.74 billion in 2022. The Vandemoortele HQ is located in our Food Experience Center in Ghent, where our passion for good taste and enjoying food comes to life. Let us show you around! video
For our client we are searching for a m/f/x:
HSE Manager – Eeklo site (frozen bakery)
Preventieadviseur niveau 2
As Health, Safety and Environment Manager (HSE) you are responsible for the implementation of workplace safety programs across the Eeklo site, aligned with group HSE procedures. You continuously develop a caring safety culture in line with the company vision of zero harm.
In this role you report to the site manager.
Your key responsibilities?
- You ensure that solid systems (aligned with Group and local HSE resources and procedures) are in place to manage occupational safety. You integrate safety processes, systems, and procedures into site specific operational routines, so that all activities are performed in a safe manner enabling a prevention and caring mindset amongst operational teams.
- You develop and implement effective trainings and communications that enable culture and competency development.
- You build solid relationships with department managers and other key stakeholders, aimed at successful collaboration and mutual support, in order to develop safety competencies and effective management at all operational areas.
- You serve as the internal prevention advisor in the CPBW
- You investigate incidents and accidents and proposes preventive and protective measures.
- You ensure all legislative requirements relating to environmental laws are compliant and followed.
- You manage the operation of the wastewater treatment installations and analytical results.
Are you the one we're looking for?
- You combine a relevant university degree or equivalent by experience, with a minimum level 2 prevention advisor.
- You have in-depth knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, psychology, physiology, and industrial health and safety laws combined with experience in H&S management in an industrial environment and have a track record in developing and implementing H&S management systems.
- You take initiative and have a personal drive for change and improvement. With your enthusiasm and strong communication skills you succeed to motivate others.
- You are familiar with working with unions.
- You possess good analytical skills and are problem-solving oriented.
- You are a hands-on manager who leads by example.
- You are used to applying continuous improvement and lean management methodologies.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English.
- You will be working at our location in Eeklo.
Ready to shape a tasty future together?
- “Shaping a tasty future”, with passion for taste & indulgence: that makes working at Vandemoortele attractive.You will get all the chances to grow within a people oriented and value driven environment, where cooperation, respect and ambition are key. We believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage.
- We all share the same sense of responsibility to getting the job done.
What’s in it for you?
We cherish our big little family: We are a family-owned company that is professional, but also very warm and welcoming. At Vandemoortele everybody is treated with respect. We have a culture of cooperation and teamwork where all colleagues are accessible and can rely on each other.
A great work-experience: We offer you challenging work with a great purpose in an international company having a dynamic, driven and ambitious culture and a collegial atmosphere.
We value you as a person: As an associate of Vandemoortele you get to take initiative and bring your own ideas to work. You can count on honest feedback and will be genuinely listened to.
We care for your future: Vandemoortele is an international food company with a long-term vision. We invest in innovation and R&D to ensure our long-term success. This makes us a reliable and stable employer where job security is high. We choose to make strong sustainability efforts because we care for all people and the environment. And we make products for you to love.